Mothers day has been fabulous! I love the feeling in my home, it was like everyone made an extra effort to be kind and loving. My family has always been wonderful, I absolutely love them and for the most part we all get along very well but for some reason there was just a little different feel today. Maybe it was just me becoming more sensitive to any little thing and even more aware of the many blessing the Lord has blessed me with. Since my mom has made similar comments several times today I would guess that there has been something different between my family today, I loved it and hope we can continue to grow closer together so we can have this more often.
When was the last time any of you read D&C 31? one of the talks in church today was on that chapter and I was thinking that this is one of those chapters that pretty much everyone has heard of but it isn't commonly discussed yet it is so important for us to remember. I propose that we as women should read/study it at least once a month. Like the girl who gave the talk said "if women have one flaw it is that they forget their worth."
I love you girls. Don't forget how amazing each one of you are.
Love,
Sereen
I agree, Sereen. I've been pondering my own worth a lot lately. Satan tells us we don't have it in very subtle ways. BYU broadcasting (byu.org)just put out the talk that was given on March 2, 2010, entitled "The Divine Nature and Destiny of Women." I LOVE that talk! It is one of the most beautiful talks on the divine nature of women. Everyone should go read it.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part is the very last paragraph: "Sisters, I testify that when you stand in front of your heavenly parents in those royal courts on high and look into her eyes and behold Her countenance, any question you ever had about the role of women in the kingdom will evaporate into the rich celestial air, because at that moment you will see standing directly in front of you, your divine nature and destiny." -Glenn L. Pace