Elise, thanks for keeping this blog updated.... and oops from all of us slackers who don't keep it up for ourselves ;)
(haha, I thought I'd throw that in. I've never ACTUALLY called him that in case you're wondering...but I may have to try it. Gag*twitch)
You've probably heard the story...but Jed and I got engaged on June 21st around 4:00pm, when both he and I were 22 years old
(We were both birthed on June 21st; he at 4:36pm, and me at 11:03am one year later.
SO therefore, we are the same age for exactly 5 hours and 33 minutes)
After having lunch, walking on the Jordan Parkway, browsing around Target, and whatever else Jed could think of to stall until we could meet his sister and she could sneakily give him the ring, we FINALLY headed up the canyon to hike Donut Falls.
Halfway up the hike, we pulled off to a little clearing and he asked me to give him a little private dance lesson so we could practice dancing for our wedding. After dancing in the clearing for awhile, he said "I got you something for your birthday," got down on one knee and proposed. I was very happy, said "yes" (duh), gave him a kiss, and he proceeded to hug me VERY hard.
(Caution: when you hug someone really hard, you may squeeze unwanted gas out of them, and it is very embarassing, but very funny at the same time)
We went on and finished the hike and as we hiked back we found some fellow hikers to take a picture of us (they were the very first to know of our official engagement). We then proceeded down the mountain, through the canyon, onto I-15, and to my house for a combined family BBQ/birthday party.
Pretty sure this was the best birthday present ever :) Ah, geez...I love this kid!
p.s. Keep August 10th open
Elise....Sereen....we need your stories and pictures now!
No comments:
Post a Comment