We've shared so much laughter, shared so many tears.

We've a spiritual kinship that grows through the years.

We're not sisters by birth, but we knew from the start

God brought us together to be sisters by heart.

Apartment 162

Apartment 162

Friday, April 30, 2010

Prayer Works!

Oh how I love each one of you. Sereen, those quotes were incredible! You always know what to say or rather, who to quote. Thank you a million times over.

Although I've been stuck at home babysitting/cleaning/cooking/escaping to the gym, I actually had an amazingly good day yesterday! I woke up with a prayer in my heart that God would hear and answer my pleas to progress on my mission papers.

I had planned on going to the temple but instead of just throwing on a skirt and barging out the door I decided to prepare. I listened to hymns, and spent a lot of time on my knees, I got ready so I was wearing my Sunday Best and turned off the radio on my way there. The Mt. Timpanogos temple is very different from the Provo temple at 11 am on a Thursday. It was completely empty except for me and one other girl.

The confirmations went by quickly and they let me get baptized for 15 people! I never had a chance to sit and ponder but I felt the spirit so strongly. I knew I needed to call and get my old Bath and Body Works job back. So I went home and called my old boss and was rehired over the phone. I start next weekend! The Stake executive secretary called and I finally have an interview for Sunday! My call should be here in less than two weeks! Yay!

The lowlight of my day is too funny to not share. I decided to go to institute because I was bored. Oh my gosh, it was like creeper central. Let me fill you in on the Heritage Park Singles Ward Drama. The Brunson's teach Institute. They have two sons in it. One of them was engaged last summer, got married this fall, got his marriage annulled within 9 weeks, and is now dating the relief society president. Their other son who is my age is my friend. I texted him to make sure we still met at the same time but his answers were terribly short. I knew he must be dating someone. Sure enough, when I get there he is holding the hand of a girl at least 4 inches taller than him. It just looked funny. Then, the Elder's quorom president starts hitting on me and that's when I remember that he had been engaged to be married in April. Apparently that one didn't work out because her parents thought she was too young. When class finally started we ended up watching 2 film strips from the 70's, complete with crazy music and plaid bellbottoms. They were the old Seminary ones and they were funny but didn't exactly provide the spiritual nourishment I was looking for. When the lesson ended I was almost cornered by Elder's Quorom president man. He was holding out his phone, just waiting to get my number. Luckily I dodged though and quickly walked out. Sigh.

It's days like that that make me realize what I really want in a husband. Not that any of the above mentioned people are "bad", it's just that they aren't what I want. It was probably the most painful institute class ever. But! I am happy with the way my life is. I have amazing parents and pretty much the cutest nieces and nephews ever. My sister Celeste flies in from Maine tonight! Woo!

I hope you are all doing well! I love you so much. Thanks for starting the blog, Leesee! Oh and sorry this is so focused on me, I just thought I'd update you all about my amazing/comical day!
Loves!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love single's ward/institute stories like that... (STORIES being the key word. But I guess you have to live through them before you can tell them right? lol)
    On the bright side, you have that wonderful "mission card" you can play with those you aren't interested in.
    Hopefully I'll see you soon, I'm excited to hear about your call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't focus a whole post on yourself then we would never know what you were up to. That is what this blog is about right? ;)
    I am so glad things are working out for you!It really is amazing how the Lord takes care of us. I have never known that and felt it as strongly as I have in this last several months.

    ReplyDelete