So today I was the mall with my cousin Eric. We were in Eddie Bower because Eric likes their "really big shirts". I was looking at a blazer for the mission when this old man came up to me. This how our conversation went:
"Hello miss, can I ask you a favor?"
"Sure, what can I do for you?"
"How old do you think I am?"
I smiled coyly and said, "that's a very dangerous question".
He said, "well, I just turned nintey and I wanted to see if I really looked that old!"
This old man was possibly the cutest thing I had ever seen and had a wealth of life experience. He told me about how he was drafted into WWII. He wanted to serve in the Navy but because he was partially colorblind, they put him in the Army. He was married to his wife for 65 years but she passed away. Then he described a period of loneliness in his life and how much he had missed her. He remarried his sweet Hazle (who was in the dressing room at the time) after they had met on a blind date. My favorite thing he said was, "we met on a blind date and I took her dancing and she's the best dancer I ever danced with!" He then did a little dance in place a smiled a HUGE grin. Although our interaction was short, this man has made me realize how many blessings we have and how beautiful life is. When we turn 90 and talk to people in the mall, what will we tell them?
love it! did you find any good blazers there?
ReplyDelete:) this story makes my heart very happy
ReplyDelete